By Paul D. Stein, MD, and Fadi Matta, MD
Read Online or Download Acute Pulmonary Embolism - Current Problems in Cardiology-Vol.35, July 2010 No. 7, p307 PDF
Best cardiology books
Up to date for its moment variation, Introductory advisor to Cardiac Catheterization is an easy-to-follow "how-to" consultant to diagnostic and healing cardiac catheterization. This pocket-sized, concise guide provides sensible guidelines, counsel, ACC/AHA instructions, and highlighted medical pearls and contains troubleshooting sections that offer strategies to often encountered difficulties.
Acute Cardiac Care offers nurses with a entire figuring out of the present perform and ideas underlying the care and administration of acute cardiac stipulations. It addresses the administration of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) with an emphasis on evidence-based pharmacological administration, cardiac emergencies (cardiac arrest, arrhythmia, acute pulmonary oedema, cardiogenic shock), present diagnostic and interventional modalities for the administration of ACS, together with hazard stratification, and the moral, political, social and financial elements that impression upon the availability of acute cardiac companies in Australia and the united kingdom.
Integrative Anatomy and Pathophysiology in conventional chinese language drugs Cardiology covers the constitution, functionality, and pathology of the cardiovascular process from the TCM and western scientific views. It focuses particularly on western drugs anatomy and pathophysiology, besides TCM features of essence, qi, blood and physique fluid ideas, creation, and serve as to give an explanation for cardiovascular process disorder, its self sufficient function and established interactions with the features of alternative organ platforms.
This publication will ponder numerous scientific and interventional themes for which there's uncertainty, persisted debate and/or no consensus in response to present directions. whereas there are lots of instructions in cardiology, new and on-going trials that tackle new medicines remedies and tactics elevate many unanswered questions.
- Interventional Cardiology Frankfurt 1990: Rotational Angioplasty. Coronary Balloon Angioplasty. Coarctation of the Aorta. Valvuloplasty. Catheter Closure of Patent Ductus. Appendix
- MGH Cardiology Board Review
- Transesophageal Echocardiography in Clinical Practice
- Vascular Medicine: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
- Fundamentos practicos en anestesiologia y reanimacion. Cardiovascular y respiratorio
Additional info for Acute Pulmonary Embolism - Current Problems in Cardiology-Vol.35, July 2010 No. 7, p307
10. Stein PD. Pulmonary Embolism, 2nd edition. Oxford: Blackwell Futura, 2007. 11. Havig O. Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. Chapters 2, 4: Pulmonary thromboembolism. Acta Chir Scand 1977;478(suppl):4-11, 24-37. 12. Neumann R. Ursprungszentren unde ntwicklungsformen der bein-thrombose. Virchow Arch Path Anat 1938;301:708-35. 13. Stein PD, Henry JW. Prevalence of acute pulmonary embolism in central and subsegmental pulmonary arteries and relation to probability interpretation of ventilation/perfusion lung scans.
14 angiography/CT venography. Positive predictive values were 97% for PE in main or lobar pulmonary arteries, 68% in segmental branches, and, based on sparse data, only 25% in subsegmental branches. A concordant objective clinical assessment strengthened the diagnosis and a discordant objective clinical assessment suggested that further evaluation was needed (Tables 12 and 13). It is speculated that 64-detector units may show PE more accurately in subsegmental branches, but this has not been tested.
Stein PD, Dalen JE, McIntyre KM, et al. The electrocardiogram in acute pulmonary embolism. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 1975;17:247-57. 58. Horn H, Dack S, Friedberg CK. Cardiac sequelae of embolism of the pulmonary artery. Arch Intern Med 1939;64:296-321. 59. Dack S, Master AM, Horn H, et al. Acute coronary insufficiency due to pulmonary embolism. Am J Med 1949;7:464-77. 60. Stein PD, Alshabkhoun S, Hatem C, et al. Coronary artery blood flow in acute pulmonary embolism. Am J Cardiol 1968;21:32-7. 61. Stein PD, Alshabkhoun S, Hawkins HF, et al.
Acute Pulmonary Embolism - Current Problems in Cardiology-Vol.35, July 2010 No. 7, p307 by Paul D. Stein, MD, and Fadi Matta, MD